Friday 10 June 2016

It's all up here

So the short Ebola video clip really killed it. I'll take it that it was and still is a rib cracker to Kenyans because we never actually 'got' the chance to experience the epidemic. Nevertheless, I can't help bursting into uncontrolled laughter whenever i remeber how the guy runs into the village shouting "Ebola,Ebola!" With such tired voice. Then everyone in the village instantly scatters. Then the lady who had been pulling a jar of water from a well becomes totally confused and suddenly jumps into the well. That's the ultimate killer part. Literary, the lady rather die of drawing in the deep well than of Ebola!
Anyway, we are not any different. How many times do we hear someone say, i'd rather die of a bullet in the back my head than die of hunger? Well, since death is an ultimate ending that is not optional to anyone, most people subconsciously choose how they die so that death looks inferior! Or rather, they don't look inferior to death. Actually, it is true to say that since we people don't really know what happens after death, we find means to satisfy and assure ourselves that we will be alright. As a matter of fact, personally when I am broke for long periods, say a week or two, I normally tel myself that the sweet little demon who ought to bring me money from the other side has been gambling it away in hope of getting me more, and must been on the losing end. Ironically, when am 'balling', i say 'God has blessed me for helping that shaky old lady  cross the road yesterday. It's all up here. Whatever you choose, so long as it works alright for you, go ahead and customize it to your own benefit. (Let nobody cheat you that they know where you'll go after you die. They themselves have never died to have gone to confirm it! It's like a class one drop out telling you what to expect in campus! Since I know most of you are legally up on the level, tel me, since obviously your mother told you a lot of shitty stuff about campus life, how good is it working for you?

No comments: